Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Guide To Northeastern Gardening Two Year Anniversary The Story Behind the Blog

landscaping idea
It has been two years since I started writing this blog and it has brought more enjoyment to my life than I could have possibly imagined.  My love of gardening goes back as far as when I was five years old, growing marigolds in pretty planters on our old brick barbecue in the backyard, and possessing a love to dig in the soil with my toy shovel.  I guess that is where it all started.  I have always had a passion for anything green and realized by 1996 that I should make this passion more than just a hobby.  With the encouragement of family and friends I went back to school, furthered my education and started up a landscape design business.  Now I can share my lifelong passion and enjoy working with others and their gardens...who could ask for more!  After seeing the movie "Julia and Julie"  in 2009 I set out on the Internet on a quest for garden blogs and was surprised to find a whole new world out there.  I wondered if I wrote about gardening if anyone would come to read it so I started "A Guide To Northeastern Gardening" February of 2010.  Since then I have met a wealth of garden blogging friends who are such a joy to know and share ideas with.  I can say that blogging has truly enriched my life.  To celebrate two years of blogging here are some of my favorite gardening photos that I would like to share.  I hope you enjoy them!
Swallowtail Butterfly on Butterfly Bush
Spring Splender

Cottage Garden

Lillium Stargazer
Backyard Raised Garden

Rose Garden
Front Border Garden
Evergreen & Perennial Garden
Daylilly Stella D Oro
Perennial Garden
Knock Out Rose

Waterfall
Dragonfly on Buddleia
Lampost Garden

Tropical Flower from Aruba Garden-Allamanda cathartica Sunee
 (Dwarf Allamanda )

Hosta Garden

Garden Love

I hope you continue to stop by and visit and share your love of gardening with me.  It has truly been a pleasure and I love hearing your comments and reading about your ongoing gardening adventures.   One could say that garden blogging is "chicken soup for the soul!"

As Always...Happy Gardening!

Author:Lee@ A Guide To Northeastern Gardening Copyright 2012. All Rights Reserved



landscaping idea photo galleries
landscaping idea photo galleries

No comments:

Post a Comment